Friday, January 27, 2012

5 years!

Five years ago I never thought I would be where I am today. I never thought that I would have 3 kids and 4 dogs, filled for bankruptcy, lost a house, but most of all I never ever thought that I would really know what "love" was.

You fall in love and think this is GREAT, I love this person... they give me butterflies every time I see them or every time they touch me.  Then you get married and you feel like everything will be great because you can't imagine life without him. But the thing that I realized is all those feelings before we were married are nothing compared to what I feel now... but in a totally different way. (I mean I still find my husband completely sexy and I still get those butterflies every time he looks at me.) I have found that there is a lot more to love than just those "feelings".

I love Chris way beyond those feelings. I love the way he sleeps, the way he handles the kids, the way he takes care of us as the provider, the way he occasionally sings "made" up songs, the way he never apologizes when he passes gas, the way he always can make me smile (even when I don't want too), the way he gets aggravated by the little things, the way he cooks (he is a GREAT cook), the way he likes just the little things in life, the way that we are always thinking the same things..... I could go on and on.... but what I am saying is Love isn't just about those feelings. They are everything about a person that you accept or don't accept.

I could never imagine my life without Chris. He is my best friend and my love. He loves me despite my annoying behaviors, or sometimes my stubbornness, or my laziness.... :) I love that I found the man that I am going to spend the rest of my life with.

Chris,
We might not have the ideal life (you know the one we always dream of) but I would never change what we have for what we want. Our life is perfect to me right now. And even more so that I married you five years ago. I love you more today than five years ago. Thank you for being the perfect man for our family...
I love you!!!
MUWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment